weekly reflection

     I think that participating in the social justice concentration will really help me in college and 

beyond. I learned a lot of important skills such as writing an annotated bibliography, correctly 

citing sources, synthesizing my research, and supporting my claims with evidence. In college, I

will have to manage my time wisely in order to get all of my work done while living even more 

independently. If I were to do my concentration again I would have definitely started writing my 

paper earlier. It was hard to manage being gone in the winter and having the paper due in the 

spring. Therefore, I think I should have started writing this past fall. However, having to grind 

this spring taught me a lot about how I work best. I learned that writing a twenty page paper is 

not as daunting as it seems as long as you break it into manageable chunks. This is an important 

lesson because any type of work can be broken into chunks in order to be more manageable. I 

also learned that I work best in the morning with coffee! Although I doubted myself at first, I am

really proud of all the work I did to get to this point. Above all, researching prosecutorial 

immunity further confirmed my interest in criminal justice. I am going to study political science

in college in order to possibly pursue a career in law in the future. I know that I want a career 

where I can help people while still doing work that keeps me engaged. One of my future goals is

to intern at a criminal justice organization.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Two

day ten

Day Three